Sunday 7 August 2011

7th August 2011

Today i experienced my first mega downpour. I walked outside, to what i thought was a standard rain shower, but in fact not even my umbrella could protect me. By the time I got the bus stop, I had to laugh at myself.


So last week at work was good. I got home at a reasonable hour most days. The journey to work is great, bus stops right outside my apartment, and drops me off a 3 minute walk from work. Door to door, about 35 mins of air conditioned bliss. People don't tend to sit next to me on the bus. Either I smell, or people are scared because I am white. Its kind of like being picked last for a team every time... Its ok though, I like to take up two seats anyway ;-)


So last week on Friday I went to the mock up hotel room for the Marriott which was good. Always nice to see things go on site from work. On Friday night I went to an Irish bar with some people, to watch one of them sing which was fun. Then on Saturday night I went to Duxton Hill for dinner with some other people, followed by cocktails at Indochine (a chain of bars here). Today, I have been out for lunch, and ice cream - The most amazing ice cream shop where they whack the ice cream on a frozen table, and mix your ingredients in in front of you (Dad, this is one for you!) I had vanilla ice cream, with fudge, Oreos and peanut butter. YUM. 


It is National day on Tuesday. From what I gather, that basically means sleeping for the most part of the day, followed by meeting friends for dinner, drinks, fireworks and a parade. They have been rehearsing the fireworks for this for three weeks. Yes, you hear me correctly. A bit odd i know. A day off mid week sounds good to me though! When I have been here a bit longer, I think I will have to integrate these national days into long weekends to go and see other areas in Asia. Heard amazing stories about Hong Kong and Thailand especially. 


Hx

No comments:

Post a Comment