Saturday 23 July 2011

Saturday 23rd July 2011

Having completed a whole week of work (and a Saturday of work) I still feel like i arrived yesterday, I am still homeless - The only thing that has changed is I now have a few friends... actually since I have been here, I have been approached by more people to go out for drinks, shopping, cinema or dinner than I think has ever happened in my life! Friends of friends seem to be emerging out of the woodwork and people at work at highly social and lovely. I am very much enjoying be a minority here too. People will pay many camels for me... 


So a few points I have discovered since being here. Shoes are cheap as chips. Granted the cheap ones are plastic..... but still! Clothes are also mega cheap which is good, as I have next to no practical clothes for this kind of heat. The only things you can wear here are thin tops and long floaty or short, non-existent skirts (I do already have lots of these.....) I see a lot of people running here which is cool, but the only place to run is along the coast as there is a small breeze. I have also discovered that although taxis don't stop in the streets because there are taxi bays everywhere, they do stop if you just walk in front of them waving like a looney white woman. (Don't worry Mum, im still in one piece)


Hx

No comments:

Post a Comment